Outdoor Access Points
RUGGED OUTDOOR WIFI ROUTERS THAT WILL HANDLE ANY HIGH DENSITY ENVIRONMENT
Edgewater Wireless’ suite of next generation WiFi3™ powered Access Point products are designed to meet the rugged requirements of virtually any outdoor environment.
Edgewater Wireless’ WiFi3™ powered technology delivers the highest performing 802.11 WiFi Access Point available today, up to 50X performance improvement over all standard carrier-class WiFi Access Points. WiFi3™ is leading-edge technology delivering exponential performance, unsurpassed security and extreme flexibility for virtually all WiFi applications.
Our WiFi3™ Access Points utilize wideband RF and high-performance data conversion technology, based on our unique silicon solutions, permitting simultaneous access to the full 802.11 wireless spectrum. Wideband spectrum processing enables Edgewater Wireless WiFi3™ access points to simultaneously communicate on multiple 802.11 bands. Edgewater Wireless Outdoor APs have wide spectrum visibility allowing the Access Point to function as a network monitor/analyzer with the ability to identify the presence and class of other devices in the 802.11 RF environment.
The exponential growth of WiFi is happening on a global scale and with this, also comes the challenges that WiFi brings. More specifically, interference, security and performance. Edgewater Wireless APs with WiFi3™ mitigate interference and dramatically improve network performance common in high density & complex environments.
Edgewater Wireless WiFi3™ powered APs have applications for virtually any high density outdoor application and are ideal for; Data Offload & Mobile Backhaul, Rural Broadband & Last Mile Infrastructure, Resort WiFi, Hotels & Marinas WiFi, Enterprise & Education Campus WiFi and Stadium WiFi. Carriers and Service providers can now take advantage of the unique capabilities that Edgewater Wireless Access Points deliver with WiFi3™
- Multiple independent channels per radio and multiple radios per Access Point (AP), delivering exceptional throughput advantages over conventional single-channel Access Points – 648Mbps per radio at significantly greater distances than traditional 802.11ac
- Basic (3-channel) configuration provides up to 50X the performance of single channel access points
- SSA™ real-time, integrated spectral surveillance architecture dramatically lowers operational expense plus security
- Spectral Signature Recognition identifies types of signals such as: frequency hoppers, microwave ovens, radar, OFDM, CCK, Bluetooth, cordless phones.
FLEXIBLE FOR ANY OUTDOOR WIFI SERVICE PROVISIONING
- Up to three independent channels per radio chipset
- Four Virtual APs (VAPs) per channel expandable to multiple radios per AP
- QoS, encryption, data/media-types configured on a per VAP basis
- TruMesh™ for next generation mesh networking
- Enhanced Quality of Service with multi-channels supporting multiple SSID’s per channel enabling enhanced QOS for:
- Data, video
- Voice; priority communication
- Variable classes of 802.11i security on a per SSID basis.
- Extendible from 3 channels to 6 channels (3 channels per radio, and up to 648Mbps)
- Interoperability verified through WiFi and UNH certification.
UNSURPASSED SECURITY AND ACCESS CONTROL
- Monitors entire communications spectrum and provides spectrally aware security across all 802.11 frequency bands.
- 3 Channels per radio, 4 VAPs per channel, QoS, Security enabled on a per VAP basis.
- Wideband enables spectral surveillance of the entire WiFi band simultaneously with data transfer across three channels.
- Locationing with multiple APs.
- Certified “WiFi Compliant” – Full compliance to 802.11i (AES).
Our detailed data product sheets are available here.
Learn more about Edgewater Wireless Outdoor Products
Please fill out the form to have a one on one discussion of your technical requirements.