Outdoor Access Points
RUGGED OUTDOOR WIFI ROUTERS THAT WILL HANDLE ANY HIGH DENSITY ENVIRONMENT
Edgewater Wireless’ suite of next generation WiFi3™ powered Access Point products are designed to meet the rugged requirements of virtually any outdoor environment.
Edgewater Wireless’ WiFi3™ powered technology delivers the highest performing 802.11 WiFi Access Point available today, up to 50X performance improvement over all standard carrier-class WiFi Access Points
WiFi3™ is leading-edge technology delivering exponential performance, unsurpassed security and extreme flexibility for virtually all WiFi applications
Our WiFi3™ Access Points utilize wideband RF and high-performance data conversion technology, based on our unique silicon solutions, permitting simultaneous access to the full 802.11 wireless spectrum. Wideband spectrum processing enables Edgewater Wireless WiFi3™ access points to simultaneously communicate on multiple 802.11 bands. Edgewater Wireless Outdoor APs have wide spectrum visibility allowing the Access Point to function as a network monitor/analyzer with the ability to identify the presence and class of other devices in the 802.11 RF environment.
The exponential growth of WiFi is happening on a global scale and with this, also comes the challenges that WiFi brings. More specifically, interference, security and performance. Edgewater Wireless APs with WiFi3™ mitigate interference and dramatically improve network performance common in high density & complex environments.
Edgewater Wireless WiFi3™ powered APs have applications for virtually any high density outdoor application and are ideal for; Data Offload & Mobile Backhaul, Rural Broadband & Last Mile Infrastructure, Resort WiFi, Hotels & Marinas WiFi, Enterprise & Education Campus WiFi and Stadium WiFi. Carriers and Service providers can now take advantage of the unique capabilities that Edgewater Wireless Access Points deliver with WiFi3™
- Multiple independent channels per radio and multiple radios per Access Point (AP), delivering exceptional throughput advantages over conventional single-channel Access Points – 648Mbps per radio at significantly greater distances than traditional 802.11ac
- Basic (3-channel) configuration provides up to 50X the performance of single channel access points
- SSA™ real-time, integrated spectral surveillance architecture dramatically lowers operational expense plus security
- Spectral Signature Recognition identifies types of signals such as: frequency hoppers, microwave ovens, radar, OFDM, CCK, Bluetooth, cordless phones.
FLEXIBLE FOR ANY OUTDOOR WIFI SERVICE PROVISIONING
- Up to three independent channels per radio chipset
- Four Virtual APs (VAPs) per channel expandable to multiple radios per AP
- QoS, encryption, data/media-types configured on a per VAP basis
- Enhanced Quality of Service with multi-channels supporting multiple SSID’s per channel enabling enhanced QOS for:
- Data, video
- Voice; priority communication
- Variable classes of 802.11i security on a per SSID basis.
- Extendible from 3 channels to 6 channels (3 channels per radio, and up to 648Mbps)
- Interoperability verified through WiFi and UNH certification.
UNSURPASSED SECURITY AND ACCESS CONTROL
- Monitors entire communications spectrum and provides spectrally aware security across all 802.11 frequency bands.
- 3 Channels per radio, 4 VAPs per channel, QoS, Security enabled on a per VAP basis.
- Wideband enables spectral surveillance of the entire WiFi band simultaneously with data transfer across three channels.
- Locationing with multiple APs.
- Certified “WiFi Compliant” – Full compliance to 802.11i (AES).
Our detailed data product sheets are available here.
Learn more about Edgewater Wireless Outdoor Products
Please fill out the form to contact Edgewater Wireless and have a one on one discussion of your technical requriements.